Ants outside of the home don’t warrant a second glance, but once they make their way inside a little problem can quickly turn into a major one. Many common Northwest ant species cause extensive damage. Waiting too long for ant removal in Burien can lead to the need for restoration. Rambo Total Pest Control can end your ant problem quickly, effectively, and completely.
Signs of an Ant Problem
Different ants present in unique ways. Habits and symptoms can range greatly from species to species. There are some varieties that require professional removal much more often. When it comes to ant removal, Burien residents shouldn’t take any chances. Store bought products can agitate certain species when used incorrectly. This may cause them to change locations, or even split colonies. Our professional ant removal in Burien is tailored to your property and ant species. We get results, so don’t leave your house ant problems up to chance. Some of the most common ants we face and their associated symptoms are:
- Carpenter Ant Removal – Any time your property is suffering from non-termite related wood damage, carpenter ants are almost always involved. They tunnel through wood one bite at a time. Tunneling ants leave small sawdust like piles of “frass” that are often found by homeowners. Piles may be found anywhere including garage door headers and crawlspaces. Their large size at .64-2.5cm and oversize mandibles (mouth parts) make them readily identifiable.
- Moisture Ant Removal – When it comes to moisture ant removal, Burien requests services most often in late summer. This is when reproductive swarming occurs. It may be the first time a homeowner is even aware they have moisture ants. Swarms can take over living rooms and kitchens. These ants only nest in moist wood, forming nests from wet wood pulp. These are spongy, coral shaped, and mud colored. Combined with moisture damage, these ants can cause a lot of damage.
- Odorous House Ant Removal – Crushing odorous house ants produces an intense scent. It’s often described as rotten coconuts and ammonia. With fast reproduction cycles and multiple queens for ant removal, Burien residents are advised to seek professional pest control. Traditional insecticides cause “budding”. Budding is when a colony splits. We have extensive experience and training, and use commercial products and tested tactics that reduce the chance of budding and eliminate ants.
Damage Caused by Ants includes:
- Allergies and Asthma – Certain species of ants can cause homeowners to have allergic reactions when bit or stung. In some sensitive patients asthma problems may worsen.
- Biting and Stinging – Some species of ant bite or sting when confronted with a threat. Many have very strong mandibles and some have venomous stingers.
- Electrical Problems – Many ants are naturally drawn to electrical utilities. Swarming can cause electrical shorts and even electrical fires.
- Structural Damage – A variety of ant species nest inside of homes. This can include excavation of wood beams, destroying the integrity of your home.
- Disruption – Ants in a home disrupt regular activities and are a major inconvenience. Some produce awful odors, others swarm in and around active areas.
Professional Ant Removal
- Inspection – We take a full inventory of your property analyzing damage, sightings, ant movement and type to determine the scope of the infestation.
- Treatment – Treatments are tailored to your property, species, and infestation scope. Methods include spray, bait, and fogging.
- Preventative Maintenance – Preventative measures are the best way to ensure ants don’t come back. We’ll help you to determine causation as well and reduce environmental factors that may make your home and property enticing to ants.
When you want professional, effective, and complete ant removal in Burien call (866) 540-RAMBO or Contact Us today.